Send message with your details.
About Andy H
Hi there and welcome to my Music Tutors page!
My name is Andy, I am a West Sussex based professional musician and music teacher.
As a professional musician I have a huge respect for anyone who wishes to learn an instrument and gain the same amount of joy that playing has brought to me over the years.
This is why I have decided to share my knowledge and passion to students of all levels, beginner to advanced. Whether you’d like to play a few songs with your friends or to go on and do great things in the music industry.
I acquired my degree from The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM) in 2015, leaving with valuable knowledge that I apply to my own teaching. During the past 10 years I have been lucky enough to play on multiple live BBC radio stations, at festivals and recording gigs. You can often find me playing in events bands across the south. Along with this live performance experience, I have also been teaching music for the past 3 years to all ages and abilities in both one to one and school group sessions.
What I teach:
● Bass guitar - beginner to advanced
● Electric and acoustic guitar - beginner to advanced
● Ukulele - beginner to advanced
● Beginner Piano
● Music theory - beginner to advanced
I do not conduct graded examinations however am experienced in getting students to the required level to take their tests comfortably.
What you can expect from lessons:
● A fully tailored course of lessons based on your aspirations and requirements to improve in your chosen instrument.
● A professional and fun environment
● Guidance outside of lessons should you need to ask questions
● A dedicated lesson file within google drive allowing you to not only access a PDF document of your lesson but also backing tracks, video descriptions and song transcriptions allowing you to access and practise anywhere.
One of the best achievements of my teaching so far, was taking a new student at beginner level and getting him to a standard whereby he could start Music college. Following that he continued to improve and not long ago I gave him his very first paid performance playing
alongside me. This is a testament to both his hard work and willingness to take onboard everything I asked of him. He will soon be going to university to study music and will smash it! This is my active goal with every one of my students. To get them to a level whereby I would be happy to play alongside them at a paying performance.
What do I need to bring for my first lesson? Nothing. Everything will be provided to you on the day including instrument and amplification if required. So don’t fret if you don’t have your own instrument just yet!
So why not give it a go? There is a whole lot of fun to be had with music so let’s make some noise.