About Frank P
Frank is an experienced guitar player with 20 years experience playing and recording in a large variety of styles. Players who have influenced his playing include rock players like Jerry Garcia, Carlos Santana, Mick Taylor, Robby Krieger. He also loves funk players like Nile Rodgers, African guitarist King Sunny Ade and Jazz artists Pat Martino and Grant Green. Frank believes in cutting through a lot of the myths related to playing guitar, music theory and musical equipment. He makes sure his lessons are customised to the student’s requirements, straight-forward and fun! He will aim to get you playing songs and riffs as quickly as possible as well as learning as much, or as little theory as you feel you need. Frank loves all types of music and is happy to teach whatever style the student wants to learn.
Teaching in guitar and bass
Frank teaches guitar and bass from beginners to advanced students of all ages.
Guitar lessons with Frank include:
- Correct positioning of your hands on your instrument.
- Lead playing, how to play a memorable guitar solo.
- Playing interesting rhythm parts that compliment a song.
- Thinking outside the box and avoiding clichés.
- Developing your own style and finding your voice on guitar.
- How to remain motivated and not lose confidence.
- Understanding the techniques unique to different genres of guitar playing.
- Advice on buying the best guitars, amps and pedals. Remember the most expensive is not necessarily the best!
Teaching in music theory
Music theory lessons with Frank include:
- The major scale, why this is the foundation of your understanding.
- How chords and scales work together.
- Understanding musical keys.
- Chord progressions, why certain chords work together well.
- Chord substitution, how to make chord progressions more interesting.
Frank specialises in rock and blues music but can also teach jazz, folk, reggae, soul and funk.
Before the first lesson, Frank will have a chat with the student to find out their musical interests, goals and inspirations. He will then use this as a starting point to help the student get started learning riffs, songs and techniques at their own pace. It’s important to Frank to make sure the student is relaxed, comfortable and made to feel at home. While Frank will provide a structured course he is also happy to add variety and vary the approach depending on the student’s needs. Frank likes to make sure each lesson is customised to your particular way of learning, as everyone is different. He may even make you a cup of tea and provide some biscuits if you are lucky!
Beginners of all ages are most welcome to learn with Frank. He believes it is never too early or too late to start playing music! With regular lessons you will be surprised how quickly you can learn to play your favourite songs.
Please feel free to write Frank a message if you are interested in signing up for lessons or have any questions. He is happy to discuss your requirements in detail to make sure he can provide the best service possible.
How does it work?
1. Press Send message.
Send message with your details.
2. We will contact you.
The office and the tutor will contact you about the options available.
3. Arrange the first lesson.
The first lesson is arranged with the tutor.
By only working with quality, professional music tutors, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
All our tutors have the highest level of background check in place and subscribe to a strict code of conduct, making your music lessons as safe as possible.
Have your music lesson at the same time every week or create your own schedule based on your availability.