About Grainne M
Grainne is a music graduate from Newcastle University who majored in voice performance. She has taught one-to-one and group lessons during placements throughout university and has been the music director for a number of musicals, including Moana!
Grainne first became involved with music and musical theatre at age 8 where her passion for singing first evolved. Since, she has attained her Grade 8 singing while also plays piano and guitar. Grainne is enthusiastic about sharing her passion and inspiring her students to succeed in any way they feel comfortable. Her love for music and teaching allows her students to feel free to grow as performers in a comfortable and nurturing environment
Teaching in Singing
Grainne teaches vocals from beginners to advanced students, ages 7 and up. Vocal lessons include:
- Graded exams, initial to Grade 8, through ABRSM, Trinity College London, LCM and RSL.
- Learning how your voice works through technique, notation, tone and clarity.
- Discovering your vocal style through exploring the depths of your voice
- Gaining confidence and believing in yourself, through performance coaching.
- Singing theory and vocal health.
Teaching in piano
Grainne teaches piano at beginner to intermediate level. Piano lessons include:
- An introduction to technical exercises that can improve your sound and confidence
- Chords and improvised accompaniment
- Note reading
- Rhythm exercises
- Musical expression
- Graded exams up to Grade 4
Teaching in songwriting
Grainne teaches vocals from beginners to advanced students. Songwriting lessons include:
- Learning how to write a song by exploring song structures and chord progressions
- Learning how to create inspirational lyrics
- Song Analysis
Grainne teaches all genres, but specialises in musical theatre.
Grainne is dedicated to get to know her students, their styles, genres and goals, in her first lesson and likes to sing through her their favourite pieces to make them feel comfortable, working at the pace of the student. Grainne also believes warming up is essential and
makes sure to teach in a way that is healthy for the voice. Grainne is an efficient tutor and is able to tailor repertoire and style to meet each individual.
Grainne welcomes beginners and encourages them to bring along a couple of songs which they enjoy singing to get started in a way that is enjoyable and motivating for all her students.
Grainne M offers online tuition
- We now offer online tuition, where you can learn from with the UK's leading music tutors, from the comfort of your own home.
- Our online tuition portal is the first such service to be optimised for music. With crystal clear audio and video, we'll help you get the most from online learning.
Get started today by sending a message to our tutor Grainne M
How does it work?
1. Press Send message.
Send message with your details.
2. We will contact you.
The office and the tutor will contact you about the options available.
3. Arrange the first lesson.
The first lesson is arranged with the tutor.
By only working with quality, professional music tutors, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
All our tutors have the highest level of background check in place and subscribe to a strict code of conduct, making your music lessons as safe as possible.
Have your music lesson at the same time every week or create your own schedule based on your availability.