About Håkon F
Håkon is a passionate music teacher with 8 years experience working in music education and over 16 years as a bass guitar and guitar player. He has lots of teaching experience and can customise a learning strategy for you, making sure that the student understands the outcome of the lessons and have some fun in the process! Open communication and focus on reaching the student’s goals as a musician are at the forefront of Håkon’s lessons.
Teaching Bass and Guitar
Håkon teaches guitar and bass from beginners to professionals: all ages and skillsets welcome!
- Bass and guitar lesson with Håkon can include:
- Realising your current level and any aspirations.
- Zooming in on strengths and weaknesses in the student’s technique - theory, pitching and more.
- Help to customise exercises such as a scales, arpeggios, strength/stretching exercises and more - these can be tailored to work on a specific skill/technique for a piece you want to learn.
- Keeping up motivation for practise!
- Music theory - for beginners, Håkon can add bits of theory into each lesson to develop knowledge alongside learning your instrument. Håkon can also cover advanced theory.
- Gear knowledge.
- If desired, preparation for graded examinations.
Teaching in Logic Pro X and Music Production
All ages and skillsets are welcome! Håkon has a great deal of experience in music production, and works professionally as a master, mix and recording engineer, as well as having two engineering degrees in relevant technology (telecom and music technology). If you want to learn how to make music, or how to record your band, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Music production lesson can include:
- How to… Come with all the questions you thought were to silly to ask! How do I install software? what’s a decibel? Can I add music from Spotify to logic? Lessons with Håkon are a safe space with no judgement!
- Song structures and writing.
- Concepts of mixing, mastering and recording.
- Programming synths.
- Become a pro in Logic Pro! Can include preparation for university exams.
- Programming and making electronic music.
- General tricks and tips to have fun with your productions - make technology your servant, not your obstacle!
Håkon teaches all genres. If you want to learn something really complex and specific, such as for example sweep picking, 2 handed tapping, gipsy jazz (or whatever it might be). Give Håkon a message and he'll let you know if it is within his expertise.
Before the first lesson, Håkon will make sure he understands the student’s needs and will provide a rough outline of how the lesson will proceed. The lesson will begin with a brief chat and will then run at a pace that works for the student. The first lessons will focus on understanding the student’s level and seeing what the student wants to learn. Håkon is a skilled tutor and is able to tailor a fun and rewarding lesson plan. After each lesson the student will be provided with a suggestion of what to practise for the next lesson.
Beginners are welcome! Please don’t hesitate to contact Håkon if you have any questions!
How does it work?
1. Press Send message.
Send message with your details.
2. We will contact you.
The office and the tutor will contact you about the options available.
3. Arrange the first lesson.
The first lesson is arranged with the tutor.
By only working with quality, professional music tutors, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
All our tutors have the highest level of background check in place and subscribe to a strict code of conduct, making your music lessons as safe as possible.
Have your music lesson at the same time every week or create your own schedule based on your availability.