By only working with quality, professional music tutors, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
About Louise N
Louise is an educated vocal teacher from Brighton Institute of Modern Music (BA hons and diploma in vocals and musical performance). Louise has over a decade of gigging experience, along with an in depth understanding of the music industry having managed her solo project for eight years. She writes and produces all of her own music, and has composed for vocal choirs as well as bands. Louise is a very bubbly and positive person and passionate about teaching music. She has a welcoming attitude and is accommodating of students different learning styles having taught across the ages 5-45. She enjoys to see and support the growth of passion, confidence and skill in a new student once they realise their own singing and creative potential.
Teaching in vocals
Louise teaches vocals for beginners and intermediate of all ages. Vocal lessons with Louise includes:
- Basic and fun vocal techniques to create a clear understanding of how the body works and how to use it safely
- Muscle, breathing and relaxation exercises
- Musical expression and performance including microphone technique (if necessary)
- Pitch and rhythm exercises
- Specific advice and coaching through each song chosen
- Working through any fears or anxieties that may come alongside singing
- Exercises and help related to any specific goal (discussed before hand) For example; power/harmonies/tone
Teaching in songwriting
Louise teaches songwriting for beginners, and the songwriting lessons includes:
- Lyric exercises
- Rhythm and melody exercises
- Deep connection and understanding of song meaning
- Understanding of lyrics and melody in song structure
- Musical expression
- Guidance on creation of produced track/accompaniment (if student only wants to sing melody and lyrics accompaniment can be arranged upon request)
Louise teaches mainly pop and musical theatre styles in vocals and songwriting.
Louise will always ask before the lesson for any specific goals or focus points the student would like to work towards, and ask them to prepare a song . For Louise it is important that the students feel the lessons are planned around what they want to learn, and what makes them excited as this makes for a better learning environment. In the first lesson you should expect:
- An introductory chat ensuring both student and teacher understand how to move forward effectively
- Fun and freeing warm ups to break the ice
- Basic breathing exercises and scales
- To work through a song the student has prepared
Louise has a lot of experience teaching beginners and children. The student should come with a song already prepared and a notebook to write down homework for the next lesson. Louise believes singing is fun and is available to anyone at any age or skill level.
Please feel free to write Louise a message if you are interested in signing up for lessons or have any questions.