Gosia is a concert pianist and passionate teacher. Sharing her love for music with others is something that she values very highly. Being a part of something greater than just an individual act is what makes this field extremely exciting, enriching and fulfilling for her.
After graduating with distinction from the Royal Academy of Music (Master of Arts in Piano Solo Performance), she was appointed a Junior Fellow there. She also graduated with distinction from the State Music School in Warsaw, and the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice, Poland.
She has performed as a soloist and chamber musician at many prestigious UK venues including Wigmore Hall, Bridgewater Hall, St John`s Smith Square, St Martin in the Fields. She has also performed in Germany, Slovakia, Ukraine, France, Portugal, Italy and Poland.
Gosia has won top prizes at numerous solo and chamber music competitions, including:
- 19th International J. S. Bach Piano Competition in Gorzów Wielkopolski: 1st Prize (piano solo)
- 23rd Young Musician International Competition in Barletta: 1st Prize and Special Jury Prize (piano solo)
- 6th International Music Competition in Filadelfia: 1st Prize (piano solo)
- 8th International J. Zarebski Music Competition in Warsaw-Izabelin: 2nd Prize (piano solo)
- The Worshipful Company of Musicians Concerts Auditions: Winner (piano trio)
- Patrons` Award at the Royal Academy of Music: Winner (flute and piano duo)
- May Mukle/Douglas Cameron Prize at the Royal Academy of Music: 1st Prize (cello and piano duo)
- 16th Friedrich Kuhlau Internation Competition in Uelzen: 1st Prize and Grand Prix for the Best Ensemble (flute and piano duo)
- 17th International Music Competition `Val Tidone’: 1st Prize and Special Jury Prize (violin and piano duo)
- 5th International Music Competition in Francavilla Fontana: Grand Prix (viola and piano duo)
- 6th International Music Competition in Filadelfia: 2nd Prize (violin and piano duo)
- 23rd Young Musician International Competition in Barletta: 2nd Prize (viola and piano duo)
- 1st International Chamber Music Competition in Czestochowa: 3rd Prize (violin and piano duo)
- 1st Chamber Music Competition in Bydgoszcz: 3rd Prize (violin and piano duo)
She has also been awarded the Thomas Jennings Exhibition Prize, Marjorie McAdams Scholarship and several scholarships from the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
Teaching in piano
Gosia has 10 years of experience teaching students at all levels and all ages (children, young people, adults). Over those years she has developed a unique teaching method, which is based on individual approach, creativity, fun and professionalism.
She has worked at the Royal Academy of Music Junior Department and Anima Mundi Music School. She offers thorough preparation for ABRSM and Trinity grade exams, as well as exploration of mainstream classical and popular music repertoire.
Piano lessons with Gosia includes:
- Basic and advanced piano techniques
- Understanding musical notation
- Rhythm exercises
- Aural exercises
- Music games (for younger students)
- Musical expression and interpretation
- Self-expression through music
- Understanding of music in a historical context
- Performance preparation
Teaching in theory
Theory lessons with Gosia includes:
- Thorough preparation for Music Theory grade exams (all levels)
Gosia teaches mainly classical music, with a possibility to explore popular and jazz repertoire.
Gosia's lessons are always personalised. During the first lesson, she takes a lot of care in understanding her students and their needs, learning what their strengths and weaknesses are, and finding the best way of teaching and motivating them. She believes that each one of her student has something unique to offer, so all they need is somebody who can help them bring out the best in them and realise their full potential.
Piano first timers
Gosia expects her students to have a piano at home, as good results in piano playing require not only having the best teacher, but also regular, daily practise. Gosia is very happy to help their students with choosing the right instrument for them. One should also expect to buy educational materials which may include grade books or other piano books, manuscript and a notebook.
No prior preparation or knowledge of music is required for the first lesson.
Gosia offers online tuition
- We now offer online tuition, where you can learn from with the UK's leading music tutors, from the comfort of your own home.
- Our online tuition portal is the first such service to be optimised for music. With crystal clear audio and video, we'll help you get the most from online learning.
Get started today by sending a message to our tutor Gosia
How does it work?
1. Press Send message.
Send message with your details.
2. We will contact you.
The office and the tutor will contact you about the options available.
3. Arrange the first lesson.
The first lesson is arranged with the tutor.
By only working with quality, professional music tutors, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
All our tutors have the highest level of background check in place and subscribe to a strict code of conduct, making your music lessons as safe as possible.
Have your music lesson at the same time every week or create your own schedule based on your availability.