About Rhiannon B
Rhiannon teaches violin and viola from beginner up to grade 8 standard, and piano from beginner up to grade 5. While she teaches in most genres her expertise is in classical music! Rhiannon began her music education at Bristol Cathedral Choir School and recently finished a bachelor’s degree in music at the University of Manchester. She is primarily a violinist, regularly performing with her string quartet, chamber ensembles, and orchestras around Manchester. She is passionate about music education and, alongside giving private lessons, has taken part in education projects with the Hallé orchestra, Piccadilly Symphony Orchestra and the University of Manchester Music Society Outreach Project. Rhiannon has a friendly and patient manner and sees the primary reason for learning an instrument as passion and enjoyment as well as the improvement of confidence and wellbeing.
Teaching in Violin and Viola
- Teaching will be tailored to the individual students ambitions, whether this be graded examinations or a more personal programme of study.
- Lessons will balance technical work such as scales and studies with creative learning methods like improvisation and playing duets.
- Rhiannon is confident working on and offering a diverse range of repertoire depending on the individual students tastes and enthusiasm.
Teaching in Piano
- Rhiannon is careful to choose an approach which best fits the individual student. Studying towards graded examinations is fine, or Rhiannon is equally comfortable taking students through pieces from different genres and learning by ear as well as reading music.
- Lessons are balanced between exploring piano technique, theory and notation and working on pieces and repertoire.
- Rhiannon wants every lesson to be really enjoyable and a keen sense of fun is weaved into every lesson.
The first lesson would consist of an initial discussion of your musical preferences and ambitions, some warm up games and a look at a piece you have been working on.
If this is your first ever lesson you would spend the time working on how to hold the instrument and bow comfortably (or how to sit at the piano properly!) and working out a short piece for you to go away and practice.
If you have any questions or if there is something you wish to discuss feel free to drop Rhiannon a message using the blue button!
How does it work?
1. Press Send message.
Send message with your details.
2. We will contact you.
The office and the tutor will contact you about the options available.
3. Arrange the first lesson.
The first lesson is arranged with the tutor.
By only working with quality, professional music tutors, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
All our tutors have the highest level of background check in place and subscribe to a strict code of conduct, making your music lessons as safe as possible.
Have your music lesson at the same time every week or create your own schedule based on your availability.