Send message with your details.
About Huw R
Huw is an actively working guitarist, songwriter, arranger and teacher based in London. He has been playing guitar for 12 years with 10 years professional experience. Huw recently graduated from Tech Music School with a 1st Class Honours Bachelor of Music in Popular Music Performance and is currently gigging with numerous artists whilst focusing on writing original music and teaching students of all ages and abilities. Some of Huw’s diverse heroes include Allan Holdsworth, XTC, Kurt Rosenwinkel and Michael Schenker.
Huw teaches guitar to students of all ages and abilities ranging from beginner to advanced. Guitar lessons with Huw include:
- Improvisation and soloing concepts
- Various techniques such as strumming, alternate picking, legato etc
- Learning your favourite songs and solos and applying the concepts that they use
- How to develop your own tone, feel and attack
Huw teaches songwriting and composition to students who are just starting out or experienced students looking for a new way of approaching their original material. These lessons include:
- Exploring different chord voicings
- Introducing odd time signatures and rhythmic variation into your songs
- Expanding your harmonic palette
- Breakdowns of your favourite songs by your favourite artists
Bass Guitar Lessons
Huw teaches beginner bass guitar to students who are just starting out on the instrument. Bass guitar lessons with Huw include:
- Learning the fretboard
- Basic pick/finger technique
- Learning classic bass lines from different genres
Music Theory Lessons
Huw teaches music theory to students ranging from beginner to intermediate levels. Music Theory lessons with Huw include:
- Basic theory (notes on the stave, clefs, basic harmony etc.)
- Jazz harmony (altered chords, extensions etc.)
- Chord progressions and cadences
- Harmonic analysis of popular songs
Huw’s areas of expertise are jazz, rock and metal although Huw has experience with most popular genres (blues, pop, rock, funk etc.) and teaches everything except classical guitar.
Huw always starts by focusing on the student's own wishes and needs. It is important to Huw that the students feel heard and are always challenged within the realms of their own abilities whilst also keeping the lessons fun and relaxed.
Beginner students and children are expected to buy educational materials for the lessons.
Please feel free to get in touch with Huw if you are interested in signing up for lessons or have any questions.