Send message with your details.
About Rosie O. C.
Rosie is an enthusiastic music teacher and professional freelance saxophonist based in Birmingham. Whether you want to advance through grades, or take up a new hobby for fun, she is always happy to teach any one of any age or ability. She has a very flexible approach to teaching, and is happy to work with you to find what suits you and (most importantly) enjoy it and have fun!
In the first lesson, Rosie always likes to start off with talking to her students and find out what they like, and what they find easy and difficult before starting in a teaching direction; she always works with her students to what they would like to achieve, but her main focus in lessons is building your musicianship with confidence, technique and enjoyment.
As a student, Rosie will provide you with targets to help you enjoy playing, both in lessons and in your own practice time. She will also create personalised recap videos for you to refer to when practicing if you need any guidance. Her aim is to make your musical journey as fun and easy as possible!
As a beginner, Rosie will cover:
- Understanding your instrument (how to look after it, put it together, etc.)
- How to read music
- Listening skills
- How to get the best from your instrument (proper posture/positioning)
If you have already started learning an instrument, Rosie can also help you with the below:
- Developing a solid technique (breathing, fingering, posture, embouchure)
- Woodwind doubling (approaching the sax/clarinet/flute as a non-specialist)
- Transferable skills (sight-reading, aural skills, music theory, playing with other musicians)
- Understanding your instrument (history, maintenance, other instruments in the family)
Rosie began learning piano at 4 years old, taking up the saxophone aged 13. She taught herself clarinet and flute after graduating from the University of Birmingham with a 2:1 in Music, and has been teaching since 2016 across the woodwind family. Having both had lessons and taught herself, this has greatly informed her teaching style, and has given her a good understanding of what she can do to help you both inside and outside lessons to help develop on your instrument.
Does this sound like it could work for you? Drop Rosie a message and she will be very happy to have a chat with you about booking your first lesson :)