Send message with your details.
About Ted W.
With a strong passion to help others explore their own musical journey, Ted prides himself on being an extremely diverse Music Producer and Tutor. Whether it's learning Ableton or Logic from scratch, producing a record releasable to professional standard, or simply learning a few chords and riffs to bring music into your home, Ted will focus all his energy into helping you achieve your goals. By setting out specific goals tailored to each student, he can ensure you take the most from your lessons. Ted is an accomplished, certified Music Producer and Guitarist who has worked for the likes of Dua Lipa, Stella McCartney, Samsung and Nivea, amongst among many others. Through years of working in high end recording studios, Ted can teach you the tricks of the trade; how to master your craft, producing music in Ableton Live, Logic, and Pro Tools as well as on the good old fashioned Guitar. In Ted's state of the art Recording Studio you will be able to learn recording, production and songwriting techniques as well as synthesis, as well as guitar skills as required.
Music Production Lessons
Through my years of experience working in professional studios, I can show you the tricks of the trade and how to master your craft of producing music in Ableton Live, Logic, and Pro Tools. Lessons in Music Production:
- Understanding the DAW (software) we will be producing music in, whether it’s Ableton, Logic, or ProTools.
- Going through the basics of how to create a demo track.
- Looking at Production techniques to make your music stand out from the crowd and how to fine tune your demo.
- Improving your song structure.
- Mixing Techniques; Looking into the importance of EQ, Compression, FX
- Mastering; ready for distribution.
Songwriting lessons with Ted include:
- Understanding the basics of songwriting
- How to use music production techniques to further your songwriting
- Lyrical and melodic content
- Writing a song from scratch
Ted is an in demand session guitarist. Comfortable across all styles, Ted will guide to the next step in your playing, regardless of your current level (including beginners). Guitar Lessons with Ted include:
- Getting to grips with the basics (looking at tuning, the fret board, notes etc.)
- Finger Techniques
- Looking at how to read guitar tablature
- Guitar Exercices
- Learning A Song
The first lesson will begin with an informal chat about what the student wants to achieve from the lessons, whether it be an enjoyable hobby or a possible career choice. Subject to their previous experience and ability, we will devise a weekly structure for the lessons to achieve the goals outlined in our introductory chat. Whether it be creating a full composition or revising a specific topic area. Ted can also provide tasks and handouts from the previous lesson, so the student can revise what they had learnt at their own pace.
If you're interested in finding out more about how Ted can help you on your musical journey, click "send message" to start a conversation with Ted